Today in our blog we want to discuss about the holiday of Shavuot, the festival is known by several names:
“Chag Hashavuot” or the Festivity of the weeks
“Chag Hakatzir” or the Wheat harvest festivity in Israel
“Chag HaBikurim” or the First-fruits festivity
“Chag Matan Torah” or the Festivity of “Giving the Torah”
- The Synagogue is decorated with plants and flowers in order to remember the Mount Sinai’s nature at the time that the Torah was given.
- Dairy food is prepared because the Torah is symbolized by the words: “honey and milk are under your palate” which is interpreted as sweetness and purity.
As always, we cannot finish our blog without sharing with you an easy and delicious recipe.
For the base
1 ½ cup of cookies (biscuit type) crushed
100 g butter / margarine at ambience temperature
For the filling
500g. fresh cheese beaten 5% fatty matter
3/4 cup sugar
1 powdered gelatin packet (14g)
¼ cup of cold water
¼ cup of warm water
500ml of whipping cream
4 tablespoons of sugar
The same preparation of the base
- For the base: well mixed crushed cookies with butter. Use ¾ from the preparation and save the ¼ remaining for decoration.
- For the filling: Mix cheese and sugar in a bowl. Dissolve the gelatin in a small bowl with cold water, and add hot water later. It will take 2 minutes to be cooked approx. on low heat, stirring continuously
- Allow to cool a while and incorporate the cheese.
- Whip the cream while you add the 4 tablespoons sugar, and add it to the cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture over the base, let cool 20 minutes then add the ¼ of biscuit mix we left for decoration.
- Store in a refrigerator about 3 hours before serving.